o 1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
o ½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
o ½ tablespoon butter
Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.
Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.
Step 3: Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!
Hot apple cider
· 6 cups apple cider
· 1/4 cup real maple syrup
· 2 cinnamon sticks
· 6 whole cloves
· 6 whole allspice berries (i used 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice instead)
1 part Cranberry Juice
1 part Ginger Ale
Ghoulish Skull shaped Ice! (i found my skull ice trays at the 99 c only stores)
mix all ingredients and pour into martini glasses for a refreshing virgin spritzer!
Appetizers for Apparitions!
Makes about 3 dozen miniature pasties.
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 1 lb. can pumpkin
(or 2 cups fresh, roasted in the oven then pressed
through a strainer to save your Pumpkin Juice to drink!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 2/3 cups evap. milk (1 can)
1/2 tsp. allspice
9 oz pie crust pastry (enough for two single standard pie crusts)
Bake the pie filling only (no crust) in a large casserole dish in hot oven (425 degrees) for 15 minutes. Keep oven door closed and reduce temp to moderate (350 degrees F/180 degress Celsuis) and continue baking for 45 minutes or until table knife inserted in center of dish comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Make or purchase pie crust pastry. Roll thin and cut into circles approx 4" in diameter. Put a spoonful of the cool pumpkin mixture towards one side of the center of the circle. Fold over the crust into a half-circle and firmly crimp the edges closed. Slice three small slits in the top for venting, place on a greased cookie sheet, and bake only until crust is a light golden-brown. Great served at room-temperature, then you don't have to worry about your guests possibly burning their mouths from the steaming hot pumpkin inside! :)
Makes: 20 appetizers
Prep: 20 minutes
Marinate: 2 to 24 hours
Bake: 25 minutes
- 20 chicken wings (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder (curry)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black food coloring
- 1 recipe Swamp Dip
1. Place wings in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. In a small bowl stir together soy sauce, ginger, crushed red pepper, five spice powder, food coloring and garlic. Pour over wings. Close bag and toss to coat. Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove wings from bag, reserving marinade.
2. Place wings on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade (discard remaining marinade). Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve with Swamp Dip. Makes 20 appetizers.
In a small bowl stir together a 8-ounce container of dairy sour cream and 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish mustard. Garnish with fresh whole chives. Serve with bat wings.
1 Pie Pumpkin, pureed
2 c. Heavy Cream
2 c. Chicken broth
2 c. Cheddar Cheese, Grated
½ of an Onion, minced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Ginger
Bake pumpkin, slice and puree.
Heat chicken broth on medium high. add onion, garlic, cinnamon and ginger. Cook 5 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, cook 5 minutes. Add cheese, cook until melted. Take off heat. Add cream.
Toast some French bread and cut into creepy shapes with Halloween cookie cutters for a perfect topper to the pumpkin soup!
I took fruits and veggies that looked strange or creepy and my friend arranged them on a Halloween platter to look eerily delicious!
ideas for creepy veggies:
julienned tomatoes (cut lengthwise to create a long pointed red thing)
green apples cut into small cubes
*Butterbeer, and Pumpkin Pasties recipes came to me from AWESOME Harry Potter fan websites such as