Friday, September 2, 2011

Hawaiian Poke

This is a DELICIOUS recipe I found online on this Hawaiian website!

Poke is one of my favorite Hawaiian foods! When my sisters lived on Oahu, they took us to this little market ont he North Shore called the Kahuku Superette and we bought this stuff called Poke (pronounced poh-kee, or poh-kay) It is basically a raw tuna salad marinated in local seasonings. Very easy, very fast to make, and VERY delicious over a cup of hot white rice!

Warning, this dish is for adventurous eaters!

Prep: 10 minutes

2 lbs. Ahi Tuna, cubed into 1/2 to 3/4 inch squares
3 oz. Chopped Green onion
3 oz. Diced Onion
2 oz. Chopped Ogo (fresh seaweed)
1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
2 tbs. Soy Sauce
2 tbs. Sesame oil
Hawaiian salt to taste

Secret Ingredient: Kukui nut

Combine in mixing bowl; add dry ingredients and chill.


i like how it tells you to chill at the end, lol just kidding.

I pretty much followed this recipe to a T, although I put SWEET onion instead and I did not add the kukui nuts, because there arent any where im from, but it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment